Thursday, December 20, 2007
Top Ten Guilty Pleasures (jack move!)
Since it is the end of the week and I have run out of creative ideas, not to mention I'm in the middle of baking hundreds of dozens of cookies for Christmas, I thought we could enjoy this little diversion. Over at my homie Carlos' spot, Ragamuffin Soul, there has been a little sharing of our Top Ten Guilty Pleasures. First off, let me just clarify that letting your toenails grow until your wife tells you to trim them--that is just plain nasty.
Here are mine, in no particular order.
1. Getting the biggest, fattest issue of Instyle Magazine and then planting my big, sweet ass on the sofa to read it. From cover to cover. Without stopping to answer the chil’rens incessant cry for more juice, video games and fish crackers.
2. Acting a little sad and melancholy for attention so it will bring me a foot/back rub combo. I'm not very proud of that. Admitting this might mess it all up for me, you know.
3. Gift cards. I don’t care where they are from--Target, Walmart, the movies, Trader Joe's, K-Mart, Chevron, Big Lots, the .99 cent store--I just love knowing I have them. They burn holes in my pocket. It could be for $1.99 and I’m like ta-dow!
4. Watching Rage Against the Machine Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium and getting goosebumps when I hear Bulls On Parade start and I see Zach's dreads flying!
5. Keeping all of my beloved slip-on Vans in their original boxes, paper included, to give me the full effect of the rubber smell.
6. Roasted Pecan and Cilantro dip from Trader Joe’s with blue corn tortilla chips. It's addicting, yo.
7. Flavor of Love, Charm School and I love New York. Entertainment at it's finest.
8. Booty dancing when I am in the company of girlfriends and I want to make them laugh.
9. Taking naps...for sanity.
10. Jacking extra-fine tip black Sharpies from whomever lets me borrow it. I promise you, once I distract you with my charm and biting wit, you’ll have forgotten I still have it in my hand. Before you know it, I will put it in my purse and be on my way. All with a holy smile on my face. I have to admit, though, I am reaping what I have sowed. I created a son who has the same habit I do. Everytime I turn around, Diego is busy coloring or drawing with MY sharpies that I've hidden in various drawers and cubbies! "What the--" And he just offers me his charming little dimpled smile. He is lucky he was born pretty.
And so, those are my top ten. So tell me, what are your's?