1.15.2008

A case of mistaken identity


Last Sunday after church, I was hanging around outside talking to friends, taking my time because I had to be at a meeting afterwards. Michael was standing beside me, chatting as well. I am so engrossed in my conversation that I didn't realize he walked away to pick up the chil'rens. All I know is that in my peripheral vision, there is a tall man with dark hair and a white t-shirt and jeans beside me. He even had a goatee!

He put his arm around my shoulders and gave me a squeeze. I put my arm around his waist and gave him a squeeze. All while wrapped up in my conversation. Then I snap out of my concentration to see Michael walking toward me. What the? He looks at the friend I am talking to and he says, "Oh! For a second I thought you were Denise because you are both wearing green!"

After a slow second my wheels start turning...if Michael is not the tall man in a white t-shirt standing beside me, then who is? I turn to find it's my friend's husband! I can feel my ears gettting a little warm.

I said, "Oh my--! I thought you were Michael!"
He said, "Hahahaha! Yeh, you would have been standing there, grabbing my butt or something."
And I said, "Yeh, but then I would have thought to myself '...but it's not as firm.'"
Everyone laughed. He said, "Hey, that's cold!"

Can you tell that sometimes I don't completely think about my words before I say them? But dude. I would've known they weren't my man's buns had I squished them. In a heartbeat. I know the goods when they are in my hands. And when they aren't. Heh.

1 comment:

  1. i love that the pic you chose for this post is of buns...i totally didn't get it until the end. cute story!

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover