2.26.2008

Feels good to be alive

Today is the first day that I have felt somewheat human in nearly two weeks. I realized that the entire family being sick at the same time was a blessing in disguise. At least we were all able to lay down together and recuperate. For about five days, the chil'rens surpassed me in health and were back to their normal, loud, hungry selves. Whilst I was still in bed, dying and wishing that my children had on/off buttons--because I would surely choose to turn them off--I realized it was really hard to maintain my home and family while still being sick. But care for them and feed them and keep up with laundry while Michael was at work all day, I must. So this left me in the worst mood imaginable. Like all day. It was like Mommie Dearest around here, minus the ajax all over the floor and the belts to tie down the chil'rens to their beds. Which sounded like a wonderfully practical idea, by the way.

It was pretty bad. I do believe I survived on herbal tea. That is the only thing that seemed tasty to me since I had absolutely no sense of taste or smell at all. Chamomile, echinachea, cinnamon, blueberry green tea, raspberry green tea, mint tea, gypsy cold care and Super Dieter's tea. Oh yes, I can't forget that one. Noah kept making me this tea and it tasted kinda yucky. I'm like, "Noah, what kind of tea do you keep making?" He says, "Its the Super Dieter's tea because you need to lose some weight. Well, you do!" What a horrible child. I am on my death bed and he is trying to put me on a diet. I'm just thankful that I'm feeling better today. I can taste food again. And for a fat girl, that is like a gift from heaven.

Today, the sun is shining and it's warm outside. I feel like I've missed out on the world! If you feel yourself getting sick, take action immediately. Take a bunch of Vitamin C and Echinachea and rest. This was the worst case of the flu I've had in five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover