2.26.2008

Habits

Growing up, I had the nasty habit of biting my nails. Then I stopped for many, many years so I could paint them various shades of black and dark burdundy while in college. Sometime during the years of being married and popping out babies left and right, I picked up the habit once again. Truth be told, long nails just aren't very practical for a mother. I have, more often than I care to admit, found little remnants of my daughter's stinky diaper, last night's dinner and just plain funk under the nails. Gross. So I spend alot of time cleaning them. I mean, they look nice and all but come on, are they worth it? How do people with long nails clean their house? How do you wash yourself in the shower? I have already ahem, scraped myself a few times and it hurt like a mofo. So again, I ask, are they worth it? I didn't think it was that big of a habit it was until I realized how often I resorted to chewing on my nails while driving in the car, or watching tv, or thinking. I'll admit, it's a gross habit. I hate to see people sitting there chomping down their nails, or their cuticles, for that matter.

So spill it. Anybody else with a gross habit?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover