5.18.2008

My, how our perception of beauty has changed...


Uhhhhh. Hmmmm. Yeh.
I vividly recall studying this fertility goddess in Art History. The first time I saw it, I immediately thought of one of my beloved aunts, whom I love dearly and would not dare put her on blast and say her name.

But I think it's safe to say that even in prehistoric times, women battled belly fat and saggy titties. Obviously, some cavewoman* had enough chutzpah to stand there butt nekkid and pose for some dirty long-hair so he could sculpt her. Sigh. Perhaps this was the standard of beauty in those times. Why else would they have fashioned them into fertility goddesses?

Clearly, I was born in the wrong era.
*This post was written entirely for entertainment purposes. I don't believe in cavewomen anymore than I do in cocoa butter preventing stretch marks or that the little asian ladies laughing at the nail salon while they are scrubbing my feet aren't talking a world of smack about my jacked up heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover