8.04.2008

2008 Frida Exhibit

This was my favorite. It was absolutely beautiful, painted in both acrylic and oil on wood.


This was a crowd favorite, painted by Carlos Flores. It was totally kick ass. Wish I had painted it!

See my three babies?


This was an actual music box. Apparently it sold the second the curator put it up for display. Eerie, isn't it?


Would it be wrong to put these in my daughter's room instead of Bratz? These were so cool!


This piece was created with collage. Loved the Mayan glyphs.


There is my Frida, throwing up the "W". One lady asked me, "What is a Dickie?" I was like, "Whaaa? Huuh?" She didn't know what Dickies were.


Me and my homie, my siamese soul sista, Amparo. Yeh, I know. We look alike. Hence the name, siamese soul sista.



What a handsome couple!


Raquel called me, "The Artist Formerly Known as Pearmama". LOL


The view outside the gallery. They had lots of jewelry and I wanted it all.


Awesome! I used to do things like this to my Barbies all the time. This particular artist was recreating the horrible accident that crushed Frida's organs and forced her to wear a brace.


A view of the wall. I love my pregnant Frida. She is so lush and beautiful.


Loved this piece, too.


This was painted by my homie Amparo. Lots of blood, sweat and tears went into this piece. She is so talented! I'm so proud of her.


"Frida's Chi-chi's"...need I say more?




Overall, it was a beautiful show. I am so proud of the fact that I got to display my art alongside so many talented people. Just to see the many interpretations of Frida and her life and how it has inspired so many people was touching. Thanks to all my family and friends that came out to see the show. It meant so much...I felt so special! It was an important night for me. It symbolized the end of my ten year hiatus from painting. It feels good. I feel alive...like that little thing that's been missing all these years has been discovered. I can't wait to start on something new.



There is still time to catch the show. Its up until September 13th. You can go to Picture This Gallery's myspace page and see all the works of art in the show.

8 comments:

  1. Pearmama- I've just awarded you the "Arte y Pico" award which goes to creative and inspiring blogs. Please go to my blog for the details. Congratulations - you are awesome and so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Mi querida siamese soul sista! The feeling is mutual when it comes to one another. We have shared so many experiences new and old together. Yes, we even have the same shoes without even knowing it.....lol. Great minds think alike. It is an exhilirating feeling to blow the dust off our brushes and get the mind and hands back into our old love, painting. I couldn't of said it better then this exhibit being a new start for both of us and getting back to our roots! We are talented and thank you for the love on your blog! I can't wait to see the real frida Paintings on our upcoming Frisco trip. I swear I'm going to ball when I see the 2 fridas!!!!

    Much love my siamese!!!

    Viva la "D" Y "Chi"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really cannot wait to be able to go down there and see all of it. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are definitely checking it out, I'll even wear some Dickies, should the question come up again. Congratulations on getting in the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, maybe when I come back from vacation I can go down there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, those pictures make me wish I had just a teeny little bit of artistic talent. But I bet I could sew up one of those dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I need to go. I can visit cousin, his wife, and their newborn daughter and check out the show while I'm out there.

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover