8.11.2008

Ouch.

I focused so much on how the tattoo was going to feel...how much it was going to hurt...that I didn't even consider what it was going to feel like afterwards.

Right about now my arm looks a little like Popeye's forearm, all swollen and nasty. The first night I left about half a dozen imprints of my oiled up tat on the sheets.

Nice.

I had this idea of what getting a tattoo would feel like. And I was sincerely hoping that it wouldn't be as bad as I imagined. But when Joe put the needle against my skin and began the outline, I was sooooo disappointed. Oh, nooooo. This hurts so bad. I'm not going to be able to endure this. I already feel like dying and he just began. This will be my first and my last tattoo!

Then began a series of ugly faces and muttered curse words. Angie was sitting back and watching me with big eyes.

After a couple of minutes, either the pain lessened or I was numb from the needle. It wasn't bad at all. I could talk and laugh and I was beginning to believe I would live to see another day. The part that hurt the most was the outline, especially near the inside of my forearm. Oh Sugar Honey Ice Tea. That hurt. Joe kept telling me, "Would you quit moaning!"

"Leave me alone, Joe! That is how I process pain! You should hear me giving birth."

I love the way it turned out...not perfectly symmetrical but organic and beautiful. True to the original design. Joe told me I should turn the design upside down, away from me so it looked better when I showed it off. But I explained that since it was my tattoo and for my enjoyment...I wanted it facing toward me. And that is how he did it. And it looks really, really cool.

Some said it was too large for my arm but I don't think so. It's pretty bad ass. When my dad saw it, he smacked the crap out of it, just for good measure.

"Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh!! What did you do that for??" I panted.
"So you can learn!" He said.

It was all very George Lopez's grandmother.

After that, it was burning like it was on fire. I was really whiny. But the sick part was, I was already envisioning what my next piece would be. The pain of that needle is getting further and further in my mind. I never thought that would happen!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    YOU FINALLY GOT A TAT YA FATTY!! AND YES IT HURTS, ESPECIALLY WHERE YOU GOT IT WHERE THERE IS ALOT OF MEAT AND NERVE ENDINGS! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WENT THRU IT. IT LOOKS TIGHT GIRLY. lEAVE IT TO PAPA RAY TO SLAP IT. HEY, YOU SHOULD OF TOLD HIM YOU NEEDED A MINT FROM HIS STARBUCKS TIN.....LOL. MUCH LOVE MY SIAMESE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh. I might be making a post like this in the near future. :D

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover