10.14.2008

Imagine me in a bunk bed


My oldest spent the weekend with one of his tia's this weekend, frolicking away without a care in the world. The first thing he did when he walked in the door was complain.

"Mom! Everything is a mess! Why didn't you clean? I leave and then come home and everything is a mess again!"

I'm like, excuse me?

I don't remember exactly what I said to him, but it was something to the effect of, I did clean the house and if you want it even more clean then do it yourself you ungrateful little beast.

Something like that.

But I feel you, my son.
We are alot alike. I can clean all day and still feel like everything is a mess. Which isn't that difficult when you have six chil'rens running around. Noah's thorn in his side happens to be his brother, Diego, who he has to share a room with. Diego is the most absent-minded, sloppiest child you will ever know. I can always trace Diego's steps because they go something like this...toilet left unflushed...toothpaste spit in the sink...towel on the floor...light on...shoes in the hallway...dirty socks on the dresser...three drawers left open...pj's on the floor...closet doors left open like the Sixth Sense...deodorant with the cap left off...because he lost the cap. Diego sitting in front of the computer with a distant look on his face, oblivious to the fact that you have yelled his name repeatedly.

That is Diego.

Sigh.

So we have come up with a plan. Noah and I joke that we are going to be each other's roommate. Then Daddy and Diego can share a room and be pig-pens together. Noah and I can bask in our neat and tidy room. And Michael and I can have conjugal visits.

Heh.

What? It could happen.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover