3.16.2009

Done.

I finally finished Joe's painting. Since he complained that he was burning in eternal flames of damnation, I had to make up for it and give him a pair of angel wings. This was a fun painting to do because I didn't really have an objective, I didn't have a deadline, I could just let myself be free. I didn't even lay a sketch down, I just attacked it with my brushes and paint.

This is mixed media (acrylic and decoupage) on wood. For some strange reason, I am not much of a canvas person, I would much rather paint on wood. Ever since I took this torturous oil painting class in college, painting on canvas has never been my thing. Canvas has these strange little bumps, unless I gesso it to death. Wood is smooth, I think that's why I like it. Give me a gallon of primer and some wood, and I am good to go.

So whew.

I can rest easy now. Joe can stop sending me those weird, slightly threatening text messages where my acrylics be at? and stuff like that. Heh.

Hey Joe...about my new tattoo...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover