3.26.2009

Good smellin'...

On a rare trip to the mall last night with my very pregnant, overdue freak show of a sister ( I say freak show not because she is weird but because her big belly attracted alot of attention from people who lacked any sort of subtlety), I had the opportunity to wander through all the aisles of Sephora and covet. What was even more blissful was the fact that I didn't have any of the chil'rens with me, so there was no one bugging me that they needed to pee...that they were starving...that they were bored...that I never want to go into the Game Stop...and why oh why do we have to go into that store with the big lady clothes?

I love makeup as much as the next girl, but after a while, all the bronzers and lip glosses and eye shadows start to look alike. Its like sensory overload or something. I picked out what I needed--Lorac Double Feature concealer so I can spackle and hide my oldness--and then I watched as my sister circled the lip glosses like a vulture over a carcass whilst my eyes glazed over. To entertain myself, I went down the entire row of men's cologne to try and find a new scent I would like.

Not a scent that he would like...but what I would like. Come on.

I am a firm believer that the proper scent can inflame the senses. Remember Michael's bottle of Fahrenheit? Well, its all gone and now wifey wants something new. Jen found me sniffing a bottle of Fahrenheit and she was like, "Ugh!" She knows of my fascination with it. So I plunged ahead. Time to try something new. There were lots of nice smells, lots that reminded me of gay guys but nothing that made me go Mmmmmhmmmmmmm. Finally, I found it.

Bvlgari Aqva Pour Homme.

Wooo doggie!

That stuff is delish! I sprayed it on a tester and today, it still smells divine. When I showed it to Michael so he could get a sniff, he didn't like it. He is still stuck on some Abercrombie & Fitch cologne which is fine and dandy for a cute white boy with a 32 inch waist but it doesn't have the oomph this big girl requires.

So I'm thinking I should just buy it and then he'll be forced to wear it. Tell me, what is your favorite men's cologne?

5 comments:

  1. Finally something I can comment about, My dad always rocks the cologne...he is into Aramis and it was Halston Z14 before that, reminds me I need to get his some new stuff.

    I use Cerruti Image by Nino Cirruti cause it smells good, my lady likes it also and that is what matters most:)use to wear Estee Lauder Pleasures before that but was a little to perfumy for me.

    She wears Halloween by Jesus del Pozo , ever smelled it before? Smells good....she has like more that a years supply put away.

    What about you , what is your favorite perfume to wear? and what is your husbands favorite for you to wear?

    I say buy it, and he will wear it if you like it.

    I am going to have to look into this AQVA pour Homme Marine see if the little pumkin likes it for me.

    Evilchavo Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Evil Chavo! Sup homie. I'm glad there was finally a topic you felt you could comment about! LOL

    I've never smelled Halloween before, I've never even heard of it.

    Right now, I'm wearing L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani. I just got some DKNY Be Delicious for my bday.

    As for men's cologne, I lean toward the marine scents, citrus is good too. I don't care for the heavy, musk scents. Too strong. Although I do love patchouli--must be the hippie in me! heehee Check this one out, it's good. I also dug Dolce and Gabbana. There is nothing better than to walk past a nice looking man who smells good.

    My man likes me to wear the Be Delicious perfume. I caught him wearing it to work the other day. He said he wanted to smell me all day. That was sweet.

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm doing a bit of blog surfing today and found your blog - thought I'd leave a quick comment about men's fragrances. You mentioned in your post that "the proper scent can inflame the senses." Well, I agree and dh knows that unless he is ready for a date night, it's really not fair for him to put on this fragrance: Michael by Michael Kors. It makes my knees go weak! You really have to check it out. (The base note is patchouli.)
    PS Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so "old School" Drakkar still does it for me,but it's so wrong when I smell it in the house and it's my 19 year old wearin' it UG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugo Boss for Men.
    S-e-x-y.

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover