10.31.2009

Show us your grill!

Halloween is not a big day for me. It's just not high on my list of priorities. And when you're a homeschooling mama to six chil'rens, you need to have your priorities in order or your world will come crashing down around you.

Sadly, I'm not one of those mom's who decorate their house with webs and giant spiders. I don't make pumpkin-shaped cookies. And, I don't plan on each child's costume. I mean, I can't rationalize spending $$$ that I don't have on costumes they'll wear for a few hours when I could be buying them clothes that they will actually wear everyday. I mean, hello, I just recycled a soggy roll of toilet paper.

I'm nothing if not practical.

What I've discovered is, we get by on donated costumes or we just get creative and run with it. This year was no different. We celebrated Halloween on Friday because we were going to our church's Trunk-N-Treat. So we pulled down the giant bag of costumes from the top of the closet and went through them. I got away easy this year. Three of the boys were at Disneylandia with their Daddy, so that just left me with three to dress. Xixi decided she would be a "titty-tat". Xixi translation: her kitty cat was actually a leopard. Maya wanted to be a pirate, complete with eyeshadow, blush and lipstick. She settled for some brown eyeshadow smudged around her eyes.

And Cyan, well....Cyan wanted to be a gangsta rapper.

We researched Little Wayne and Snoop Dogg on google images.

That's when he came up with the baggy pants, his boxer's sticking out, wife-beater and "blingage". The dookie braids and grill were my idea.

He was deep in character all night long.

Heh.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaa..brings back memories of when my own were small. (Grin)

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover