12.20.2009

Togetherness.

The chil'rens aren't allowed to watch TV by themselves after 8 pm. I'll allow them to watch a movie but no random cartoon watching. So what usually ends up happening is I get all six of them piling into my bed to watch what I'm watching, usually The Biggest Loser, So You Think You Can Dance or Animal Planet. Most days I'm complaining that the chil'rens always want to be in my butt and why can't I ever watch TV in peace? Then there are those days when I love the fact that they just want to be where I am.

Now, I used to have a cal king. Then, last year, we got this bright idea to buy a queen instead. You know, it would take up less room, linens and bedding would cost less, etc. Bad, bad idea. Michael usually sleeps with his ankles dangling off the end of the bed. About 1/3 of my buttcheeks hang off the side of the bed. And there is never enough room when the girls decide to slip into bed with us in the middle of the night.

So this is how it looks when we all pile into the bed. Last people there get stuck in the chair. Or whatever laundry basket is laying around.

Heh.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Please disregard my face fat dangling onto the pillow. Maya is usually behind me because she's as tiny as a bedbug. I have no idea why Xixi is laying there with her mouth open. Yes, me and Noah always watch TV this way--holding hands. Heh.
In reality, he's just keeping me from the remote. And Sol is rocking my robe like a snuggie. This is one of those moments that I wish would be frozen in time.

4 comments:

  1. What a precious memory. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these everyday moments, they are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see you. It was a crazy overwhelming day! H

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post... it makes me happy to be a part of a big family. :)

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover