10.12.2010

Is this what they mean about socialization?


Can I just say that day to day living with a teenager is just fabulous and fun? That I can totally envision my fine youth of tomorrow, succeeding in all of their endeavors? That it is an absolute joy to sacrifice a second income so that I may stay home and homeschool the chil'rens?

Can you see the sarcasm dripping down the computer screen?


Today, we were working on writing. As usual, this is no easy feat. All of the behavioral kinks and attitude adjustments have to be dealt with before we get down to business. Once they get settled in, they're fine. Well, Noah was extra spicy today. As he was taking some time out to make himself a sandwich, he was cursing the heavens for having to be home with his brothers alllll daaaay.

"MOM! I can't take this anymore!! I need to get out of this house for a little while! I'm beginning to feel like a HERMAN!"

I had to stifle a laugh because he was totally serious and overflowing with teenage conviction.

"Umm, Noah. Don't you mean, hermit?"
"Mom! Seriously??"

Then he looked up raised his hands dramatically and wailed, "Just strike me down already! I can't take this!"

And I can't help but laugh at the dude, even though he was being totally serious. I hear this is only the beginning of teenage good times.

Oh, joy.

2 comments:

  1. There are days when I totally feel like a Herman too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 AM

    I totally hear that...the other day Chase was telling Trenton and I what the weather was gonna be like for the week (and yes, it was a bit extensive) and Trenton says "so Dad do you think you should have been a meterologists instead of a quality assurance guy?" with the most annoyed voice EVER! Fun times over here!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover