10.31.2010

Thing 1 and Thing 2!


I love using a theme when dressing up the chil'rens for Halloween. It just makes them look cuter somehow. Their school allowed them to dress up as literary characters, so I begin to think about their favorite books for inspiration.

Are You My Mother? got tossed around but in the end, I didn't want to dress them up as birds.

Velveteen Rabbit was a cute idea, until I killed it by telling Maya she had the perfect little bunny rabbit teeth for the costume.

She cried.

So, scratch the bunny costume.

Then I got it. Cat in the Hat! Thing 1 and Thing 2!
I originally had the costume in mind for Cyan and Maya, since they are very much like Thing 1 and Thing 2. And they look so much alike people often ask me if they are twinsies.

Which made Maya cry again.

Poor Maya.

I prayed that I would find everything I'd need at one store. I found the red sweat-suits in the boys department because apparently, little girls only wear sweat-suits in pink, black, purple and grey. The blue wigs were sitting there like a gift from Heaven while everyone was clamoring over the witch hats, Lady Gaga costumes and dried blood makeup. So I snatched those up right away. The red gloves were easy to find. Thankfully I already had some white felt squares leftover from other projects. And of course, I have a handy dandy husband who can airbrush lettering in his sleep.

Which meant we were in business.

The girls got so many compliments on their costumes. Even though the wigs were "super itchy" and they could barely stand to keep them on their heads for longer than twenty minutes.

At our church's Trunk 'N Treat, Xixi spotted another family with a Mom as Cat in the Hat and two little girls as Thing 1 and Thing 2. Xixi stood there with her hands on her hips.

Xixi: Oooh no they didn't!
Me: Relax, Xixi. They look cute.
Xixi: I'm sooo gonna get them!

We met up with them later on, in the fun zone. Xixi was looking them up and down. She is so funny. I decided to take pics for posterity. Hmmmmm, I kinda like my Thing 1 and Thing 2 a little better. They are awfully adorable.

But then again, I'm biased.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover