10.30.2010

I want them, I need them.


I've been a four-eyes since I was in kindergarten. That was in the 70's so, you didn't see too many children wearing eyeglasses. My mom gave me the rules which, interestingly enough, I gave my own four-eyed son practically verbatim.

Don't let anyone touch your glasses. If they ask to try them on, tell them to go out and buy their own.

Never put your glasses down just anywhere. Always put them in their case.


After years and years of wearing eyeglasses, I've got it down to a science, but I've come a long way. I know what looks good on me and I know what doesn't. The old pictures of me wearing giant brown frames and black Clark Kent frames are proof of that.

I've never been interested in wearing contacts because I don't like the idea of something sitting on my eyeball. And Lasik? Psshaw. Unless you are going to knock me flat out with some really good drugs while you slice and dice my eyeball like a sushi roll, forget it. It just ain't happening.

So eyeglasses it is.

For a few years now, I've been jonesing for a pink pair. Well, I finally got them. Not the exact pair, not the Prada ones. Shoooot. My pair is Baby Phat. Thank you, Kimora, for not being such a greedy ass and making cute glasses accessible to the less wealthy but equally fabulous in society.

It took me a while to get used to them, but I'm really digging the pop of pink. The pink looks really cute and fresh.

But what I really, really really want is a green pair of glasses. Green is only my favorite color in the whole wide world.

Then I found these and what can I say?

I wants.

Bad.

Thanks to Corazones Rojos who led me to our.city.lights who led me to Warby Parker. Funny how it happens that way.

2 comments:

  1. I love my warby parkers.

    Bought 4 pairs.

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover