1.21.2011

"I could eat you up, I love you so."

I love my family. They are my life.

Even though its rough living with seven other people. Sometimes I find myself near tears because I crave a small space to call my own, where I can have privacy, quiet, neatness and order--a place untouched by seven other people.

~They always steal my brush.
~They always steal my toothpaste.
~My room seems to be the place where everyone kicks off their shoes to watch cartoons and when I kick them out, they leave their shoes behind.
~My girls love to read my Instyle mags and rip open and smell all of the perfume samples.
~My husband has about a billion things he carries in his pockets, and he dumps every single one of them on his dresser. If he runs out of room, he puts some on mine.
~They write on the walls with marker.
~Whenever my phone rings, they automatically pick it up, answer it, and then hand it to me.
~My girls love to remove every last washcloth from the bathroom and use them as Barbie blankets.
~When everyone is talking at once and vying for position, the noise level is ridiculous. I go to my happy place.

I mean, those are just some of the little things that drive me nuts. On the flipside...

~My daughter's hair always smells so good, and I love to bury my nose in it and inhale deeply.
~My sons email me sweet and funny messages just like this one: "Mom without you in my life I'd be fat, dumb, and hairy, so take care of me."
~I love when I walk into the kitchen and Michael is whipping up one of his "gourmet meals". I swear, he can get the chil'rens to eat anything, and all with a smile on their face. They never do that with me.
~At night, I have such a peace knowing they are all in bed safely, they are warm and happy and they are all still young enough to be living at home.
~I love to torture my kids by kissing their daddy and hearing them groan in horror when they catch him giving me a squeeze here and there.
~I love that they aren't afraid to talk to us about anything and everything (and I do mean anything and everything).
~I love that throughout the day, I usually have extricate someone from my side, my butt, my arms, my lap because no matter how old they are, they love to cuddle. And by cuddle I mean, drape themselves all over me.

Such is my life.

Me and the chil'rens, the providers of such good material. From the left: Diego (12), Noah (13), Me (ageless), Sol (10), Cyan (8). In front, Maya (almost 7), Xixi (5)

My family, January 2011.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover