|Us, thinking about what our midnight snack will be that night.|
It ain't called a Fat Man Party for nothing.
To be totally honest, we can't party like we used to. My heartburn-stricken ass is too fat and Michael's belly gets so swollen he looks like he swallowed a watermelon, so we've taken the Fat Man parties down a notch. These days, we eat yogurt, popcorn, fresh fruit and smoothies like two old people. Still, we try to get our midnight snack on. I'm going to let you in on my favorite snacks of the moment.
What? I can totally see your WTF face right now. What kind of midnight snack is that? Not only does it smell like fart, it makes you fart.
Hol' up one minute.
Cauliflower may not be all that tasty, but I promise you, once you roast it....it is magical. Like, taste the rainbow, unicorns and koala bears dipped in glitter kind of magical. I can't remember where I read about it but I can bet my money on Martha Stewart magazine. Martha knows wassup.
This is how I do it.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- I buy a big ole head of cauliflower. I never buy the bag of florets--it feels like cheating. Besides, I have this belief that the cauliflower will be tastier if the head is still intact. I know, I'm weird.
- I grab my head of cauliflower and I break it from its stem, throwing away any leaves. I then create my own florets and spread them onto an ungreased baking sheet, like so:
|The cauliflower will shrink while it cooks.|
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the cauliflower. Don't be stingy.
- Sprinkle garlic salt (if you are extra fancy, throw a few freshly chopped cloves of garlic) and basil and then stir the cauliflower around so it's evenly coated.
- Slide those puppies in the oven.
Once you get the tray out of the oven, squeeze a little bit of lemon over it and then sprinkle a healthy dusting of Parmesan cheese. Stir. Serve immediately.
Or just be like us and eat while standing over the stove. At midnight.