11.22.2012

Thankful for laughter


This was originally posted a couple years ago on The BabyCenter Blog. It's still the truth.

When posed with the question: what are you thankful for? I really had to ponder. Sure, I’m thankful for family, friends, health, my children, my husband and the fact that we aren’t living near the river bottom yet, washing our clothes in the stream and grilling muskrats for dinner.

Very thankful, yes.

But I have to say, I am very very thankful for laughter. It has kept me sane in the midst of insanity, which is my life sometimes. Shoot, who am I kidding? My life is insane pretty much all the time.

Laughter has kept my heart light. Laughter has helped me see that most situations are temporary. Whether it be a giggle, a raucous knee-slapper, or one of those thank-gawd-I’m-wearing-a-panty-liner deep belly laughs, it has kept a smile on my face and I’m able to keep going.

If given the choice to laugh or cry, I choose laughter. That’s what I’m thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover