12.14.2012

Net10 Wireless:Teenagers need phones, too #Net10Latino

I've been waiting for this day. I've been putting it off with a casual, "Oh, you don't need a cell phone." or a "You are homeschooled, what do you need a phone for?" and "What are you going to do, call me from the backyard?"

These are the answers I give my two teenagers whenever they ask me if they can have a cell phone. As you can imagine, it is usually met with eye rolling and gnashing of teeth. This doesn't stop them from asking me, oooh, about a hundred times. But the cost...ugh.

With Boy Scouts, church, guitar lessons, and charter school once a week, they have a legitimate need for a cell phone--I've held out long enough. Okay, I thought. Let's see how we can afford to do this.

This is where Net10 Wireless Family Talk Plan comes into play.



Net10 is a prepaid wireless service offering unlimited, long distance and roaming calls. Net10 Family plans include unlimited data, text, talk, starting at $50 for first line, $40 each additional line. This sounds perf for my 13 and 15 year old sons. It's also a good way to control usage and spending from the whole family.


It's quite a relief for me, knowing I can get a hold of my boys whenever I need to. Contemplating buying a brand new phone and adding them to my existing plan was already giving me heart palpitations. Some highlights about the Net10 Wireless phones:

  • no contracts to sign
  • no monthly bills
  • no long-term commitments
  • no credit checks
  • no age limit
  • no hidden fees

Once Noah had the phone in his hands, he was happy to know a few of his favorite apps, Facebook, Pandora and Minecraft (to name a few) were available on the LG Optimus Logic phone.


It feels good knowing my teens can communicate with me and their father (and all of their friends). There is nothing sweeter than a text that reads, "I love you, Mom. Thanks for the phone." from your 15 year old sitting in the next room.

For more information, visit Net10 Wireless Latino on Facebook. They also have a site in Spanish. I can't wait to see how these phones help my family communicate with one another.


This is part of a compensated campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and Net10 Wireless. However, all opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover