2.22.2013

Keep those pearly whites smiling #PiroposTraducidos

One of the funniest things anyone has ever said to me about the relationship I have with my husband Michael was said by his little sister, Angie.  She would observe us together, shake her head and laugh. One day she said, "Every time he looks at you, it's like he wants to eat you up."

Now if that isn't a positive endorsement on the state of our chemistry as a couple, I don't know what is.

It reminds me of one of my favorite piropos (pick-up lines):

Tanta carne y yo sin dientes.

Which means: "All that meat and me with no teeth".

As a plus size woman, that says it all. 


My husband and I go back and forth on this topic.

Back when we used to be coworkers, he used to flirt with me like crazy. He'd compliment my clothing, my hair, the way I smelled. My soft hands.

My teeth.

He always had me smiling and laughing, so he had a great view of my teeth.

Me, ever the tooth-conscious, bad-breath-conscious person I am, always made sure my teeth were white and my breath was fresh.

He denies it, though (the flirting part, not the white teeth part). Deny, deny, deny.

Eighteen years and six kids later, he still denies ever flirting with me first.

Whatever, man.

I know the truth, and so do my teeth (because you're still making me smile, honey!). White teeth and fresh breath are still a huge priority for me, all these years later.


I like Crest Complete because they offers a wide range of toothpastes and gels for a deep clean and fresh flavor and it even contains whitening power (my fave!). Exactly what I need for a freshness that lasts all day, especially when I'm flirting with my husband.


GIVEAWAY!

Want to win something? How about a FOUR-PACK of Crest products worth $44 that includes: Crest Complete Multi-Benefit Extra White +Scope Outlast Toothpaste (RV: $4.25 each), Oral-B Complete SATINfloss (RV: $2.99 each), Oral-B Complete Scope Scented Toothbrush (RV: $3.99 each), worth $44. A winner will be chosen on March 1st,  2013. Giveaway is open to US entries only, 18 and up.

Just leave your email address and answer this simple question: How does a healthy and beautiful smile give you the confidence to conquer your day?



Get social with Crest: Visit Crest on Facebook


Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with Latina Mom Bloggers and P&G Crest. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, a smile means that everything will be A-OK! Even though it may not be, the kinks will work themselves out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A smile whether given or received brightens my day and makes me suddenly aware of the fact that the world is a beautiful and wonderful place.
    My dad always said "there are three kinds of smiles, a genuine cheerful smile, an obedient smile because someone told you to smile, and a smile to minister to someone. I don't care which one you choose, just use one of them!"
    hosea14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats, Emily! You won the Crest 4 pack giveaway! Details will be emailed to you shortly.

      Delete
  5. Janetq9:31 PM

    A healthy and beautiful smile makes me feel complete! It shows the world that I care about myself. A beautiful smile just makes the world better!
    skybird1921@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:16 AM

    Good day I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake,
    while I was looking on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and
    would just like to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round exciting blog (I
    also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all
    at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the awesome work.


    Here is my site ... book of ra book of ra

    ReplyDelete

Break me off something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover