5.01.2013

The best shaper I've ever owned

Image source: Macy's
The truth of the matter is, my thighs and backside haven't gotten into a dress without first pulling on some sort of shaper since 1995. I'm just like Dolly Parton's character in Steel Magnolias when she says, "Well, these thighs haven't gone out of the house without Lycra on them since I was 14."

Word.

At first, I wore a tight pair of briefs so I could "hold stuff in". Apparently, stuff needed holding.

Then I searched for a shaper to contain all the junk in my trunk. I didn't like all of the jiggling (this is solely a woman thing because men love jiggling).

My shaper was like my under armor--it made me feel confident in a dress.

Then when I started having the chil'rens, a shaper became a necessity.

My stomach started to pooch out.
My thighs started getting bumpy.
My butt spread and got soft.

So I no longer needed the shaper as my "under armor". I needed it because things looked a hot mess without it. And I refuse to suffer from chub rub.  Eighteen years later and my shapers are ever present in my wardrobe. And I'm not talking about the tight pair of brief variety.

Those are cute.

But I'm talking about the kind that starts right under your bra and goes down all the way to the middle of your thighs like biker shorts from the 80's. You see, this combats the chub rub, too. I love, love love my shapers.

I no longer wear Spanx. I didn't like the material and I would always pull the seam out. They just couldn't survive the abuse I put them through. I graduated to a different shaper and its been giving me life ever since.

Case in point.

At the end of a week long trip to Mexico on the Crafty Chica cruise, a woman I know came up to me, took one look at my butt in a pair of jeans and then leaned in and whispered, you have very impressive undergarments.

My shaper is everything.


I smiled and thanked her. I mean, what else could I do?

It was slightly embarrassing. But come on, take a good look. A shaper is mandatory. This woman was giving me a compliment.

She went on to tell me that her and a friend were amazed by how "smooth" everything looked. I could've been creeped out that people were studying my maxi dresses and undergarments but in the end, I took it as a compliment. My shaper was doing its job and doing a damn fine one at that.

Kudos.
High five.
Knuckles.

When a woman has on a good shaper, you stand up and take notice.

I'll let you in on a little secret. My shaper of choice is from Naomi & Nicole.  It's easy to put on, it doesn't roll down, it's comfortable and it is magic.

What is your favorite brand for shapers?

Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this post. I just love my shaper! But hey, Naomi & Nicole, holler at a sister.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover